vendredi 22 février 2008

An unexpected discovery

Recently while carrying out the important task of finding my beloved’s gift, I discovered a lovely place for lunch near the very swanky Bon Marche. I must confess that all I wanted was the ubiquitous boulangerie sandwich, being pressed for time as always, but big surprise, the only boulangerie in sight had a queue as far as the eye could see. So I walked away, resigned to being hungry awhile longer when I walked past a small but nice looking restaurant. Of course it was packed but it looked inviting with its purple walls and and Berber art on the walls. What luck! I was given a decent table at the corner, but not near the door, kitchen or toilet as normally single diners get. Chez Les Filles serves lovely authentic Moroccan food. The menu features big hearty salads but what is noteworthy is their tagine du jour for just 13 euros. A great deal considering that it’s a large platter and filled to the brim. Even better, it was savory and rich enough that afterwards I felt quite satiated and ready for a nap. Of course, I couldn’t resist having the mint tea after which was delicious and the perfect end to the meal. According to the harried woman serving the heaping platters of tagines, it gets packed quite quickly so the best thing to do is to come before the hordes descend or just at the tail end of lunch like I did. And I noticed, that despite her harried air, she took note of my request to have (if possible) only the white meat of the chicken which was the tagine of the day. All in all, the restaurant was quite a nice discovery. As I was leaving, I noticed a sign saying that they have a Berber style brunch every Sunday. A treat to discover another day!

Aucun commentaire: