jeudi 22 juillet 2010



I’ve been incredibly remiss in keeping up my end of the blog. The only defense I can plead is that there aren’t enough hours in the day for everything I want to do. To make up for this, I’ve decided to do some photo posts of some of the places I’ve been recently. The term “recent” being of course a relative term. Let’s see….last post was on St. Jean Luz. Being so far down South, it was only a matter of a hop and skip over to the frontier and into San Sebastian or Donostia in Basque.

What a pleasant discovery this city was, though I don’t know why I was so surprised. It is after all, renowned as the great Belle Epoque resort of the Basque coast. It even has its share of royal connection because in 1866, the Spanish Queen Regent, Maria Christina decided to make San Sebastian her summer residence and consequently, the royal court’s summer capital. The royals may have gone, but the crescent shaped La Concha beach remains as beautiful today as it did 144 years ago.

The threat of rain didn't deter people from laying in the sand and chillin out...

Its pretty little harbor....

Hard to resist the Spanish ham and tapas!

A shot of Plaza de Republica which used to host bullfights...Because these bullfights were such spectacle, each of the windows in the building around the Plaza could be sold to would be spectators, hence the numbers
A last look at the city before heading back ..

Aucun commentaire: