lundi 17 août 2009

Let your inner tiger out!




Despite the blistering heat that the whole country seems to be experiencing, all the stores now feature clothes for the coming fall season. A bit early but I guess that’s the way fashion works. Your appetite for all things new, fashion –wise at least, is whetted months in advance of the actual season. Anticipation builds till finally, you find that you can’t really live without that new pair of shoes or that new coat. And while, I’ve never written anything so fashion related, I couldn’t help myself after this late afternoon’s jaunt at Le Bon Marche.

This fall, there seems to be an awful lot of animal prints. Now, I realize that this trend is not new and has been a wardrobe staple since man first dressed himself in furs but I have to confess that I’ve never been a particular fan. It just never seemed to be me, who has an inordinate love for all things pink. Well I don’t know what happened but for some reason this fall’s animal print clothes seemed inordinately chic and wearable even for me. Maybe its because I’m at an age where I can now appreciate its charm or maybe its because I live in Paris, but for whatever reason, I found some of the new fall fashion totally rocking my boat.

Animal prints as interpreted by Isabel Marant for fall..

Cool leopard coat from the Sonia Rykiel Fall 2009 collection
If its too much all at once,why not start with a zebra print belt to jazz up the basic black dress that never goes out of style?
Or loop a bright red animal print scarf by current fashion favorite Christopher Kane....
I love this Temperley dress!
Or why not, a DVF blouse in fuschia pink? Told you, I loved pink!
And finally, shoes!!! Relatively sober ones from Tory Burch

And the most va-va voom of them all...booties from Christian Louboutin!

1 commentaire:

redaddict a dit…

love your article! so want the lanvin red leopard print!